Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Happiest Day of David's Life.

You may think I am going to write about our wedding day or the first day we met and how he knew he found the love of his life. :) Or the birth of Regan and Ayla and how amazing it was to hold our little babies and how life truely becomes at that very moment a miracle. But I am not.

David is not mushy. The only Valentine's day cards I get are funny ones. The only anniversary cards I get are funny ones. He tells me he loves me every morning before leaving for work but I don't think he will ever say the phrase love of my life. He loves his daughters too but he is not so amazed by the miracle that he wants more children. No he is happy with two and the toddler years have knocked life a little off the miracle chart.

Until the other day. Because toddlers can do things now. They are little people who can actually learn skills not just eat sleep and poop. And Regan learned one of David's favorite skills of all, snowboarding. Really I don't think I have ever, ever seen a bigger smile on his face. We took the kids up to Tahoe for a day in the snow. A friend of ours told us to go to Soda Springs because for $20 you can switch between tubes, skies and snowboards for the kids. It was perfect. We were there for hours and both girls loved it. We tried Regan out on skies first. Look at those tiny skies, are they not the cutest thing you have ever seen?
 

But she hated it. Well I shouldn't say hate but maybe I should.

So then we thought maybe she just needs to warm up a bit so we went on the tubes which was so much fun that I thought we would never get Regan off.


She also LOVED riding the magic carpet, this might of been her favorite activity of the day.


I thought the idea of skiing was over until next year but why not try one more time so I told her she could have hot chocolate with lunch if she tried skiing one more time. Amazingly she agreed. So after lunch we went back to try again but decided on trying the snowboard instead. As David took her up I found a spot at the bottom of the hill to play with Ayla. Thinking that this wouldn't really last long at all, and then I looked up and to my surprise David had let go and was running along side her!

I really don't know what I like best about these pictures Regan's tongue hanging out in a Michael Jordon pose while she concentrates or David smiling with total pride. Plus I love the hand pump action too he just couldn't control himself.



It was a perfect family day! :)

No comments:

sitemeter

Things I've Learned From Regan

  • The altitude is in the mountains
  • Nothing is as fun as water!
  • ...David is HER daddy.