Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Maybe I do believe in time travel...

How I did I come to this conclusion? Well I am pretty sure I went back to 1983 for a couple of hours! Regan was invited to her first Roller skating party it was a blast and roller rinks DO NOT change. It was exactly the same as I remember walking into a rink when I was a kid. I do not live in the town I grew up in but the rink was almost identical to the one I remember, which I might add, the last time I went I broke my elbow. I really think I felt my arm twinge!

As you can see the skates have not been replaced. (Grossed me out a little, at least put new laces on!)



The music was the same I can't even remember the last time I heard Eye of the Tiger!

The smell was the same.

The carpet was the same.

They still had the same lamppost style lights along the carpeted wall. (Do you remember those? I didn't until I saw them!)

The only difference was the party room. That room seemed so big to me as a kid. But really there was only room for the kids and one or two adults. :) I guess really the room didn't change I just got bigger!

I was so proud of Regan! I thought for sure she was going to hate it. But she didn't she put those skates on and enjoyed every moment of the awesome time warp party! Although she didn't want me to take any pictures of her, notice the hand telling me to stop? And the best part is this little three year old who is trying her hardest to give up nap time came home and slept for almost four hours!


1 comment:

GETyourMOMMYon said...

I don't know how I ever missed this! I loved watching it...8 months later!!!

sitemeter

Things I've Learned From Regan

  • The altitude is in the mountains
  • Nothing is as fun as water!
  • ...David is HER daddy.