Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Phone Call to Princess Belle

So yesterday Regan and Daddy got into a conversation about whether or not princesses use the potty.  Our head strong little three old occasionally goes thru stages where she figures out we control her all day long and well potty time we can't control!  It is not pretty and although everyone says don't get angry it is so hard not to!  Especially when she has been using the potty and then just decides to stop one day.

So as David was debating with Regan if princesses use the potty or not he blurted out, "Do you want to call a princess and ask?"

Regan quickly said, "Yes let's call princess Belle."  (Beauty and the Beast princess)

I made a quick call to my sister Megan, and told her when we call in the next few moments it will be Regan calling for princess Belle to ask about the potty.   And so Megan did just that and the conversation went something like this...

Megan: "Princess Castle"
Regan (after a little prompting): Is princess Belle there?
M: One moment let me check for princesse Belle.
M: Hello this is princess Belle.
R:  This is Regan (she was a bit nervous to be talking to a princess and was talking very softly)
M:  How are you doing Regan.
R:  Good.  Do princesses use the potty?
M: Oh yes we do use the potty.  I was not able to wear my pretty princess dresses until I learned to use the potty.

They talked a little longer about potty usage and then got off the phone and within about five minutes Regan turned to David and excitedly said, "Daddy I NEED to use the potty!!!"

Thanks Megan for playing along and lets hope this head strong three year old does not go back to her controlling ways tomorrow! :)


3 comments:

NicoleFieldsPhotography said...

That is too adorable!

GETyourMOMMYon said...

It was certainly a conversation I never imagined having and I wonder if anyone heard me talking about my pretty princess underwear while I walked through my neighborhood in the dark.

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Ha! So funny! Good thinking Momma! Kennedy was potty trained just before she was two and never had an accident until she was three and she started peeing on the carpet and saying her carpet was hungry! Lets just say we should have called a princess :)!

sitemeter

Things I've Learned From Regan

  • The altitude is in the mountains
  • Nothing is as fun as water!
  • ...David is HER daddy.